Squiggle Checkerboard Kitchen Floor
|Approximate Size||1-15/16" x 4"|
Body: Our Recycled clay body is handmixed in house. Recycled clay fires to an earthy rich red tone and can exhibit subtle variations in color as well as size batch to batch. This is an expected outcome of using recycled materials and one of the reasons we always recommend ordering 15% overage.
Variation: Each glaze is rated on a scale of V1 (low) to V4 (high) variation. Variation will appear tile to tile as a color shifts in hue or saturation. Variation can also be seen within a glaze sheen where the surface finish can sometimes appear more matte or more glossy from tile to tile. Variation is expected but not guaranteed.
Crackle: Crackle is rated on a scale of low to heavy. All glazes can crackle over time depending on where they are installed therefore “low” crackle often appears as if there is no crackle. Some of our glazes are designed to feature this crackle. We recommend always sealing tile with a crackle finish at installation.
- We recommend ordering 15% overage to accommodate curing and any unexpected layout changes during installation.
- In the event that you need additional tile, please contact us immediately so we can help you process an Add-On order. Add on orders will incur fees.
- Due to the handcrafted nature of our tile, size variance from 1/16" to 1/8" can be expected. Additionally, a deviation of ± 1/8" in straightness or flatness is considered acceptable.
- Our tile is not modular. It is difficult to combine sizes to achieve a pattern. Some skilled installers have had success creating modular installations, however the result tends to be wider or uneven grout joints.
- All tile is made to order. Please contact us for most up to date lead times. 888.773.2226 or email@example.com.
- Do not schedule an installer until tile is on site.
- All glazes, including matte or non-crackle options, are susceptible to crazing over time.
All of our tile is 100% manufactured by our team of experienced ceramicists in the USA:Fireclay Tile Factory
521 Quarry Road, Aromas, CA 95004
|ASTM TEST||TEST NAME||RESULT|
|C650||Chemical Resistance||Class A|
|C1378||Stain Resistance||Class C|
|Floor Rating||Light Commercial|
*Suitable for Exteriors in Non-Freezing Environments
Light Commercial: Non-industrial, commercial flooring areas that are subject to Normal footwear traffic (less than 50 people per hour) with occasional amounts of abrasive soil. Some example would be boutique showrooms, corporate office spaces, and hotel bathrooms.
Lead times vary depending on the product, color, and size of your project, as well as our current factory queue. Please contact us or check our website for current lead times.
Call 800.773.2226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush orders are available. Additional fees apply.
Our in house custom capabilities are best in class for our industry. Available for commercial and large scale projects, we offer color matching services in addition to exploration of custom size options.
Contact your Fireclay Tile representative or call us at 888.773.2226 to learn more.
The Recycled Clay Body may qualify for:
- MR 4.1/4.2: Recycled Content (1–2 points)
- MR 5.1/5.2: Regional Materials (2 points)
- EQ 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials (1 point)
- Our Recycled Clay Body is made from recycled materials including post-consumer recycled glass and pre-consumer recycled granite dust. We repurpose second quality tile, recycle wastewater and glaze materials, and manufacture in a daylit, open-air factory. All material is sourced in the USA.
- All of our glazes are 100% lead-free.
- 100% of carbon emissions for tile manufacturing and outbound shipping is offset through CarbonFund.org
- Tile orders are packaged in recycled cardboard boxes and on recycled pallets or crates. We use recycled cardboard, biodegradable peanuts, and/or other sustainable materials for protection.
Transparency is important. See our full material contents in our HPD documentation.
B Lab is an organization empowering companies to unite in an effort to balance purpose with profit. We score a 115.4 a 45% increase over the average score of 80.
- Please visit fireclaytile.com for detailed installation instructions. We always recommend hiring an experienced professional installer for best results.
- We recommend a 3/16" grout joint for non rectified tile, and a 1/8" grout joint for rectified tile. Tighter joints are possible if you work with an experienced and skilled installer.
- Grout release should be used with all colored grout installations and with ALL Handpainted tile.
- We recommend always sealing grout during installation.
Fireclay Tile expressly warrants that our product, as delivered, will be reasonably free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from date of purchase. Learn more about our Makers Guarantee at https://www.fireclaytile.com/m...