Since 1986 we have been helping people transform spaces with tile. Simple ask us a question below or contact us by phone, email, in store, or live chat!
8:30am-5pm PST Monday-Friday
Click here to send us an email, or fill the form out below
VISIT OUR SHOWROOM:
CHAT WITH US:
Click the black button below to launch our live chat.
Location: San Francisco Type: Full-time
We are here to revolutionize the tile industry. By implementing an innovative online platform paired with unmatched product and customer service, we've made it easier than ever to shop for beautiful, sustainable tile sourced and handcrafted in the USA. Our tireless commitment to innovation, transparency, and sustainability have not gone unrecognized. We've had the honor of making the 2015 Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and are the only tile company recognized as a B Corp for how we use business as a force of good. With an innovative product, an ambitious team, and a simple mission, we're changing the way you think about tile.
We are currently looking for a Director of Online Sales & Marketing with proven ability to grow consumer online and scale ecommerce product companies. Fireclay is building an omni-channel presence using both innovative technology platforms, as well as real world experience. We believe there is a massive opportunity to change how people consider and purchase tile. This will be a role that tackles all elements of managing an online end-consumer focused presence and driving sales. We are looking for a do’er who is focused relentlessly on execution and recognizes that these roles are as much about the details as they are the high level strategic execution. The job is based out of our San Francisco headquarters and will interact with almost every facet of our company. You will be responsible for crushing growth targets, empowering and supporting your team, and recruiting the best of the best to join our organization.
We will provide you with competitive compensation that includes a base salary + bonuses + stock options, health care benefits (medical HSA), 401(k) matching and some other great perks, an awesome company culture, and continued professional development opportunities to grow within the role and organization.
• Leading our online ecommerce strategy, product roadmap, and ensuring we hit our growth targets.
• Working with our technology, marketing, and product teams to ensure our products are best represented online.
• Driving innovation in how tile is sold online, we believe in making tile easy.
• Thinking relentlessly about conversions, sales, and opportunities.
• Monitoring competition and where we have opportunity to drive results.
• Ensuring we are compliant as it relates to all online sales and marketing best practices.
• Providing proper analytical frameworks and reports for real-time decision making.
• At all times represent the Fireclay brand and values both internally and externally, ensuring that we go above and beyond for our customers, our products, and our people.
• Training and learning about ceramics, Fireclay Tile, and all that there is to our business so that you can talk about it intelligently and expertly.
• Supporting the team in any other way that is necessary.
You're killing it in this role if at the end of your first year:
1. You not only live and breathe Fireclay Tile's culture and values, you’ve contributed to growing and developing them. People on the team enjoy spending time with you and working closely with you.
2. You’ve doubled the traffic coming to our website. The traffic is high quality, scoring similar or better than our existing traffic on metrics like conversion rate, bounce rate, time on site and page views per visit.
3. You’re Fireclay Tile's marketing analytical genius and recognized internally as the go-to person for marketing analysis. You’re across every marketing metric on a daily basis identifying our successes and the areas we should focus further. You’re also access our marketing failures using these to learn and develop ways to increase our sales.
• Want to run an online presence of a company that actually makes what it sells.
• Direct your professional energy towards a more sustainable planet.
• Feel passionately committed to the product you represent.
• Be a key member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture.
• Have directed, or have been the senior manager for online or ecommerce for other consumer brands. 5+ years experience.
• You LOVE data and are always thinking about how to make your marketing and analytics cloud better.
• You love to champion data thought leadership in an organization that is hungry for it.
• Fully understand and appreciate the differences between a brand and a run-of-the-mill business. Fireclay is very much a brand, and you must be sensitive to what is right for the brand when it conflicts with traditional ecommerce wisdom.
• Understand all elements of agile web development and work well with outside agencies, and internal resources.
• Understand SEO and SEM very well both strategically and with a high technical acumen, this is core to the growth in a very competitive landscape.
• You love rolling up your sleeves and reviewing massive data sets when needed. If you can’t stand the idea of fully auditing a crawl report, this probably isn’t the job for you.
• You understand funnels and event tagging as it relates to both measurement and how it impacts product roadmap decisions.
• Love selling online and all that goes with it, including inbound marketing, marketing automation, lead nurturing, and conversion to purchase.
• Excited about home or interior design products that are made locally. Yes, we LOVE tile!
• Like being an underdog and beating bigger companies by being smarter and more nimble. We are a challenger brand!
• Are a self-starter and don’t need any hand holding, but can take feedback well and give it right back at the same time
• Are fun, passionate and learn quickly. Love being part of a small company and personally contributing to our team’s success
• Comfortable with software and technology including any CRM system or Salesforce.com specifically.
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), employee stock options and more. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world! You can learn about our benefits here.