Since 1986 we have been helping people transform spaces with tile. Simple ask us a question below or contact us by phone, email, in store, or live chat!
8:30am-5pm PST Monday-Friday
Click here to send us an email, or fill the form out below
VISIT OUR SHOWROOM:
CHAT WITH US:
Click the black button below to launch our live chat.
Location: San Francisco Type: Full-time
We are here to revolutionize the tile industry. By implementing an innovative online platform paired with unmatched product and customer service, we've made it easier than ever to shop for beautiful, sustainable tile sourced and handcrafted in the USA. Our tireless commitment to innovation, transparency, and sustainability have not gone unrecognized. We've had the honor of making the 2015 Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and are the only tile company recognized as a B Corp for how we use business as a force of good. With an innovative product, an ambitious team, and a simple mission, we're changing the way you think about tile.
We are currently looking for a Director of Finance to join our management team. We have been a Bay Area manufacturer for over 27 years, and we are currently working hard to disrupt the world of tile and bring a truly customer focus to an industry that is entrenched in a business as usual mentality. We are backed by a great team of investors, and we are focused on growing quickly over the next several years. We are in need of a Director of Finance that has proven abilities to scale consumer product and manufacturing companies and lead great teams. This will be a role that tackles all elements of finance, accounting, and human resources - we are looking for a do’er who is focused relentlessly on execution and recognizes that these roles are as much about the details as it is the high level strategic execution and the value-added role it has for the entire organization. We are a driven company, and we want to work with people who love life and love their job.
You will be based out of our San Francisco HQ. We will provide you with competitive compensation that includes a base salary + bonus + stock options, healthcare benefits (medical HSA), 401(k) matching and some other great perks, an awesome company culture, and the opportunity to help lead our growth.
• Reporting directly to our CEO
• Leading our finance, accounting, and human resources efforts. Thinking relentlessly about how we can continue to drive the best customer experience in every possible way
• Oveseeing all elements of finance including budgeting, planning, cash-flow. Working with department managers to set budget and monitor performance.
• Helping to supprt and one day lead financing efforts for both debt and equity transactions
• Responsible for all elements of accounting, including maintaining general ledger, overseeing receivables and payables management, and all tax requirements. Ensuring we are properly staffed to handle increasing needs of accounting activities.
• Overseeing human resources, including payroll, benefits, and onboarding of new staff. Ensuring we are compliant with HR practices across our various locations and our employee types.
• Working directly with our Sales, Marketing, and Production leaders to ensure they are supported however needed
• Providing proper analytical frameworks and reports for real-time decision making.
• At all times represent the Fireclay brand and values both internally and externally, ensuring that we go above and beyond for our customers, our products, and our people.
• Supporting the team in any other way that is necessary
• Direct your professional energy towards a more sustainable planet
• Feel passionately committed to the product you represent
• Earn an income that reflects your success
• Be a key member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture
• Have led finance, accounting, and human resources in another high growth brand. 5-10 years experience.
•BA in Accounting/Finance with Knowledge of GAAP
•Advanced experience in the following: Inventory, Merchant processing, Month-End, Acct Recons, Budgeting & Financial reporting
•Must know QuickBooks and Salesforce (Company runs much of its sales finance through Salesforce); proven ability to work with cloud-based CRM
•Roll-up the sleeves approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
•Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills
•Flexible with a strong ability to work in a dynamic environment within a team approach
•Comfortable with Open Book Management style; Financial analysis will play integral strategic role
• Love technology and love measuring results with strong analytical approach
• Like being an underdog and beating bigger companies by being smarter and more nimble. We are a challenger brand!
• Are a self-starter and don’t need any hand holding, but can take feedback well and give it right back at the same time
• Excited about home or interior design products that are made locally. Yes, we LOVE tile and design!
• Are fun, passionate and learn quickly. Love being part of a small company and personally contributing to our team’s success
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), employee stock options and more. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world! You can learn about our benefits here.