Since 1986 we have been helping people transform spaces with tile. Simple ask us a question below or contact us by phone, email, in store, or live chat!
8:30am-5pm PST Monday-Friday
Click here to send us an email, or fill the form out below
VISIT OUR SHOWROOM:
CHAT WITH US:
Click the black button below to launch our live chat.
Location: San Francisco Type: Full Time
We are here to revolutionize the tile industry. By implementing an innovative online platform paired with unmatched product and customer service, we've made it easier than ever to shop for beautiful, sustainable tile sourced and handcrafted in the USA. Our tireless commitment to innovation, transparency, and sustainability have not gone unrecognized. We've had the honor of making the 2015 Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and are the only tile company recognized as a B Corp for how we use business as a force of good. With an innovative product, an ambitious team, and a simple mission, we're changing the way you think about tile.
We are currently looking for a Director of Commercial sales to lead our growing Commercial sales team and help drive significant sales into this market. This is an amazing opportunity to be a sales leader for a company and a product line that you can be proud of. Our approach to our people and our customers is different, and we are obsessive about ensuring our team members have the best opportunity for success and our customers have the most amazing experience in design. Simply, we think the current way tile is marketed and sold is outdated and boring, and we want to do everything possible to create the best customer experience possible for commercial architects and designers while manufacturing to-order the best products on earth. This will be a role that tackles all elements of sales – people, technology, operations, the art of selling. We are looking for a do’er who is focused relentlessly on execution and recognizes that sales is more about people than anything else, yet can use technology in ways not yet appreciated. You will be responsible for crushing sales targets, empowering and supporting your team, and recruiting the best of the best to join our organization.
You will be based out of our San Francisco HQ and will manage teams here and in other locations - travel throughout the US and potentially internationally is a requisite. We will proivde you with competitive compensation that includes a base salary + a lucrative sales incentive bonuses + stock options, healthcare benefits (medical HSA), 401(k) matching and some other great perks, an awesome company culture, and continued professional development oppotunities to grow within the role and organization.
• Leading our commercial sales efforts including our existing bay area team plus growing our commercial sales rep force throughout the US
• Thinking relentlessly about how we can grow our business and become the leading brand in tile to commercial architects and designers. Our goal is to double our business annually, and you will be a crucial part of our success.
• Actively selling yourself and proving how effective our strategy can be by setting strong example for our team members. Crushing your targets and setting a new standard for initiative and efficiency within the company. Closing business with the top A&D firms in the world for the largest and most notable projects in the world
• Building a great company that disrupts the traditional sales model and drives amazing brand awareness
• Managing, growing, and developing our 4-person commercial sales team and recruiting fantastic reps in key urban markets
• Working closely with our marketing team around messaging and communication
• Creating amazing training and on-boarding programs
• Implementing best practices as it relates to sales, follow-up, out reach, and closing
• Working closely with production and finance to discuss capacity planning, pricing, and product and sales opportunities
• At all times represent the Fireclay brand and values both internally and externally, ensuring that we go above and beyond for our customers, our products, and our people.
• Supporting the team in any other way that is necessary
• Are a confident top-performer who’s psyched to work in a fast-paced environment and lead high performance teams
• Are an entrepreneur who’s hungry to build a book of your own clients while supporting your team all the time
• Are a tech-savvy individual who obsesses about CRM
• Are a results oriented person who wants to be part of a high-energy, high-impact team
• Are a highly personalized character who focuses attention on the customer, above all else
• Have led sales for another product or architectural brand. 10+ years experience. Maybe you hold a sales role for a major brand and are looking for a way to make your mark in this world through a smaller, more nimble company.
• Proven ability to build teams, especially those with reps in key urban markets
• Proven ability in new business development and client relationship management (you know how to self-source and you love to network)
• Strong experience in CRM and marketing automation platforms.
• Love for technology and love measuring results with strong analytical approach
• Love being an underdog and beating bigger companies by being smarter and more nimble while having far fewer resources.
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail (your client book is going to get big and you’re going to be busy so you need to know how to manage your time and balance your day)
• Interest or background in interior design or the home/commercial furnishings space.
• Are excited by online technologies and social media
• Are a self-starter and don't need any hand holding, but can take feedback well and are comfortable giving it as well
• Don't mind getting dirty and having fun working in and around building materials and factories
• Are fun, passionate and learn quickly. Love being part of a small company and personally contributing to our team’s success
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), employee stock options and more. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world! You can learn about our benefits here.