Since 1986 we have been helping people transform spaces with tile. Simple ask us a question below or contact us by phone, email, in store, or live chat!
8:30am-5pm PST Monday-Friday
Click here to send us an email, or fill the form out below
VISIT OUR SHOWROOM:
CHAT WITH US:
Click the black button below to launch our live chat.
Location: San Francisco Type: Full-time
We are here to revolutionize the tile industry. By implementing an innovative online platform paired with unmatched product and customer service, we've made it easier than ever to shop for beautiful, sustainable tile sourced and handcrafted in the USA. Our tireless commitment to innovation, transparency, and sustainability have not gone unrecognized. We've had the honor of making the 2015 Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and are the only tile company recognized as a B Corp for how we use business as a force of good. With an innovative product, an ambitious team, and a simple mission, we're changing the way you think about tile.
We are looking for amazing Design Consultants who can help ensure that all of our customers have an amazing experience. We’re talking about someone who loves to sell, LOVES tile, and is passionate about customers and account management by leveraging technology and great design. We are a passionate US manufacturer and our customers are our most important asset. You will be part of our team that drives our online sales effort and delivers happiness and smiles to our customers on a daily basis! If you do not LOVE selling, tile, technology and customer service, this job is not a good fit. You will be responsible for your own book of buisness and your compensation will be direclty tied to your success in closing.
Your focus will be on selling and delivering amazing service. This will be based on building a book of key accounts including designers, architects, contractors, and homeowners, providing design services and assistance, making outbound phone calls and answering emails, knowing everything about our company so you can answer questions on the spot, entering orders and information in Salesforce.com and using other online technologies including social media obsessively, and tracking down freight quotes or order status. I mean, you will do whatever it takes to make our customers love you and love us. We are a fun company, and we want to work with people who love life and love their job.
You will be based out of our San Francisco HQ but will service customers all over the US, Canada, and sometimes internationally. We will proivde you with competitive compensation that includes a base salary + a lucrative sales incentive bonuses, healthcare benefits (medical HSA), 401(k) matching and some other great perks, an awesome company culture, and continued professional development through on-going training, esperimenting, and opportunities to grow within the role and organization.
• Focusing on meeting or exceeding sales quotas using technologies, social media, and your design saviness
• Generating a database of qualified leads through referrals, email, and networking opportunities along with converting and retaining customers that come in via leads
• Establishing a strong client base and cultivating long-lasting relationships with your customers
• Crushing your targets and setting a new standard for initiative and efficiency among your peers
• Building a great company that disrupts the traditional retail model and drives amazing brand awareness
• Entering orders and sample requests throughout the day - all day, every day
• Following up with customers about sample and information inquiries
• Delivering world-class customer success
• Providing design services to our customers
• Are a confident top-performer who’s psyched to work in a fast-paced environment
• Are an entrepreneur who’s hungry to build a book of clients
• Are a tech-savvy individual who utilizes social media daily
• Are a results oriented person who wants to be part of a high-energy, high-impact team
• Are a highly personalized character who focuses attention on the customer, above all else
• Are a creative who’s also business minded - this job takes someone who possess both
• Sales experience, preferably in a client-building business (think proactive, not reactive selling!)
• Proven ability in new business development and client relationship management (you know how to self-source and you love to network)
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail (your client book is going to get big and you’re going to be busy so you need to know how to manage your time and balance your day)
• Have a background in interior design or the home/commercial furnishings space.
• Are very comfortable with online technologies and social media
• Have exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to attract and retain new clients while maintaining existing accounts. We strive to be like companies such as Warby Parker or Trunk Club, while delivering service and products similar to Apple or Patagonia. We have an 88 New Promotor Score, and we always maintain world-class customer service
• Are a self-starter and don’t need any hand holding, but can take feedback well and are comfortable giving it as well
• Don’t mind getting dirty and having fun working in and around building materials and factories
• Are fun, passionate and learn quickly
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), employee stock options and more. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world! You can learn about our benefits here.