Location: San Francisco, CA Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a Staff Accountant in our San Francisco headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy doing something different every day – our rapid growth is creating new responsibilities in the Finance and HR areas that we need help to address. This is a great position for an experienced Staff Accountant to contribute meaningfully to the way our company operates.
Fireclay Tile is changing the face of tile, from the sustainable ways that we make our product using recycled content and local manufacturing to how we engage and sell to customers. We are intensely focused on building a vertically integrated brand and ensuring that all of our customers have the best experience possible when buying tile. Simply, we want to make tile easy, and we want to sell the highest quality locally made products in the most user friendly way. We offer great benefits, and every person in our company has an equity stake as well as full access to our financials.
• Reporting to the VP of Finance
• Performing and streamlining the month-end close process, including bank reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
• Managing our accounts payables and disbursements
• Participating in key projects that will provide significant value to the rest of the company such as product costing and implementing new benefits
• Administering our bi-weekly payroll, and maintaining accurate employee files
• Supporting the team in any other way that is necessary
• New experiences and problems that challenge your abilities
• An opportunity to offer ideas and implement solutions to problems
• To be a key member of an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fun culture
• Are detail-oriented and excellent at managing tasks
• Are experienced in accounting systems such as Quickbooks, and are creative in getting the most out of those systems
• Have solid accounting skills, and ideally a 4-year accounting degree
• Have experience supporting HR processes such as payroll (ADP) and benefits administration (medical benefits, 401k plans)
• Have excellent Excel skills. You’ll often be asked to analyze data and present insights to other teams like Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing
• Understand business processes and enjoy improving or creating new processes
• Have experience accounting for inventory and fixed assets
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), and employee stock options. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world!