Location: San Francisco Type: Full-time
Fireclay Tile, the most disruptive brand in tile, is looking for an excellent candidate to fill the role of SEO Associate. We are seeking 3+ years experience in SEO with an emphasis on copy writing. The ideal candidate will be charged with aggressively improving our SEO, refining our strategy, and rolling up their sleeves to write compelling copy with adherence to brand guidelines. Must have a deep understanding of SEO best practices, platforms, and excellent copy writing skills. Adhering to brand guidelines and web constraints is essential to this role.
About Fireclay Tile:
Since 1986, our focus has been hand crafting heirloom quality tile, glass, and brick, using the highest practical concentration of recycled materials. With a passion for supporting local manufacturing, all products are made right here in California. We are recognized as industry leaders in innovation, which is essential to our brand DNA. Our team works to constantly develop revolutionary solutions in manufacturing, product design, and customer experience with the goal of disrupting an otherwise stale industry.
We are currently working hard to bring a personal level of customer service to an industry that is entrenched in a business as usual mentality. We are intensely focused on building a vertically integrated brand and ensuring that all of our customers have the best experience possible when buying tile. Simply put, we want to make tile for people, the way they want it, when they want it. Tile to the People!
We believe that new isn’t necessarily better and that trash really can become treasure. That handmade things have soul, and good design will prevail as one of our most sustainable assets. We believe in the power of team work and that work should be fun. We believe that life should be lived boldly and with purpose. We believe in the beauty of imperfection and the gift of learning from our mistakes. We believe it is our responsibility to make products for people, products that last for generations, and products that have a story to tell.
• Reporting to the Manager of E-commerce
• Copywriting with best practice knowledge for on-page and off-page copy to optimize site content to ensure maximum rankings for targeted keywords
• Managing on-site optimization to ensure that pages are accurately indexed by search engines
• Developing white-hat SEO strategies and requirements to increase keyword ranking (both # of keywords ranked and the ranking of existing keywords)
• Using web analytics to identify opportunities that lead to high performance landing pages
• Providing regular and ad-hoc reporting with insight and analysis of search performance and strategies based on data from analytics
• Working with marketing team to ensure that our content conforms to SEO best practice
• Working with product team to ensure our websites are optimized for search engines
• Supporting Site Search strategy and results through keyword research, copy creation, copy localization, query analysis, conversion tracking
• Staying current with all search engine algorithm changes and SEO industry trends and regularly inform and educate the rest of the company on emerging SEO technologies, opportunities and best practices
• Ownership over SEO analysis, strategy, and execution
• Working in a collaborative team environment
• Feeling passionately committed to the product you represent
• Being a member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture
• Being a part of a team focused on sustainability and local production
• Earning an income that reflects your success
• You possess 3+ years of SEO experience with an emphasis on copywriting
• You are detail-oriented, take initiative, extremely reliable, and able to work both independently and as part of a team
• You are a problem solver who possesses a genuine curiosity about consumer behavior
• You are technically minded with a working knowledge of HTML
• You LOVE data and leveraging analytics to achieve results
• You are passionate about our brand and find tile to be an inspiring medium
• You appreciate the opportunity to learn and to teach
Requirements / Technical Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or 3+ years experience in SEO focused copy writing
• Solid understanding of English grammar and writing
• Mastery of web analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Trends, SEOMoz, SEMrush, Webmaster, etc.
• Proven experience in developing sophisticated and successful SEO plans and strategies
• Advanced/Expert skills in Microsoft Excel for both data mining and reporting
• Basic proficiency in HTML
• Google Docs for team collaboration
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), and employee stock options. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world!