Location: Aromas, CA Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Plant Manager for our Aromas Factory. You will be charged with managing our quickly growing team of 60+ skilled workers and ensuring we are doing everything possible to meet the needs of our amazing customers. Our focus is to manufacture the highest quality tile using the highest practical concentration of recycled materials. A passion for developing innovative ways of making beautiful tile is essential. We have been a Bay Area manufacturer for over 27 years, and we are currently working hard to disrupt the world of tile and bring a truly customer focus to an industry that is entrenched in a business as usual mentality.
Fireclay Tile is changing the face of tile, from the sustainable ways that we make our product using recycled content and local manufacturing to how we engage and sell to customers. We are intensely focused on building a vertically integrated brand and ensuring that all of our customers have the best experience possible when buying tile. Simply, we want to make tile easy, and we want to sell the highest quality locally made products in the most user friendly way.
We are in need of a plant manager for our Aromas factory to partner with our existing managers and help drive the growth of our factory. Spanish speaking is a plus. Experience in lean manufacturing best practices is a requirement. A history of leading and growing factory teams is critical. We are a custom job shop and each month we make hundreds of unique orders ranging in size from a few pieces to thousands of square feet - experience in this type of environment is crucial. Our factory is located in one of the most beautiful parts of the United States, very close to Santa Cruz and San Jose. We offer great benefits, and every person in our company has an equity stake as well as full access to our financials.
• Managing the daily operations of the factory to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our customers
• Executing lean manufacturing initiatives and changes on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Preaching lean every step along the way.
• Planning for and executing around growth and capacity expansion needs
• Working directly with sales to identify opportunities
• Working with product development to ensure we are staying ahead of the design curve and continue to push the barriers of ceramic production
• Working to ensure training, safety, and employee development are occurring at every step along the way.
• Working with our other factory managers and sales team to support them in every way possible
• Continue to assist in engineering streamlined systems to maximize manufacturing efficiency and minimize lead times.
• Supporting the team in any other way that is necessary
• Have led manufacturing operations but are looking for a small, fast growing company to take a leadership role in.
• Direct your professional energy towards a more sustainable planet
• Feel passionately committed to the product you represent
• Be a key member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture
• Love working in a team environment and supporting sustainable, US manufacturing
• Have led manufacturing operations through large growth curves. Specifically have led large teams and know what it takes to manage rapid growth.
• Have extensive experience in lean tactics, strategies, and execution
• Have training in ceramics or a passion for supporting artisan crafts
• Are detail oriented. Are meticulous, dedicated, love getting to work early, and appreciate working in an untraditional setting
• Bilingual in both English and Spanish (though not 100% critical)
• Heavy lifting (40 lbs+) is a requirement of the job.
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), and employee stock options. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world!