Location: San Francisco Type: Full-time
Fireclay Tile, the most disruptive brand in tile, is looking for an excellent candidate to fill the role of Graphic Designer. We are seeking 5+ years experience with a passion for ALL things design. The ideal candidate will be charged with creating innovative graphic solutions for the Fireclay Tile online experience. Having a deep love for interior design and architecture is a plus. Must have a solid portfolio with work in a variety of industries, and deliverables ranging from web UI assets, ad creative, digital marketing collateral, and 3D scene renders. Understanding how to create original graphic content while adhering to brand guidelines and web constraints is essential to this role.
About Fireclay Tile:
Since 1986, our focus has been hand crafting heirloom quality tile, glass, and brick, using the highest practical concentration of recycled materials. With a passion for supporting local manufacturing, all products are made right here in California. We are recognized as industry leaders in innovation, which is essential to our brand DNA. Our team works to constantly develop revolutionary solutions in manufacturing, product design, and customer experience with the goal of disrupting an otherwise stale industry.
We are currently working hard to bring a personal level of customer service to an industry that is entrenched in a business as usual mentality. We are intensely focused on building a vertically integrated brand and ensuring that all of our customers have the best experience possible when buying tile. Simply put, we want to make tile for people, the way they want it, when they want it. Tile to the People!
We believe that new isn’t necessarily better and that trash really can become treasure. That handmade things have soul, and good design will prevail as one of our most sustainable assets. We believe in the power of team work and that work should be fun. We believe that life should be lived boldly and with purpose. We believe in the beauty of imperfection and the gift of learning from our mistakes. We believe it is our responsibility to make products for people, products that last for generations, and products that have a story to tell.
• Providing rapid generation and iteration on comps for all digital, web, and marketing initiatives.
• Working closely with Fireclay’s Creative Director and Head of Technology on all graphic assets
• Collaborating with our in house photographer to deliver beautiful digital assets
• Building ad sets per specs by web team
• Providing Visualization support to our online design team
• Keeping on top of design trends and translating them to your work
• Bringing fresh ideas to the table while working within established brand guidelines
• Work well in a collaborative team environment
• Get fired up about all things design
• Have a strong foundation in basic design principals
• Want to feel passionately committed to the product you represent
• Desire earning an income that reflects your success
• Are eager to be a member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture
• LOVE working in a constantly changing environment
• Are solution oriented
• Know how to leave your ego at the door
• Are passionate about our brand and find tile to be an inspiring medium
• Have a production artist mentality and deliver projects on time while keeping well organized files
• Are a self-starter and know how to run your own calendar
• Have worked with creative folks, Developers, Designers, Photographers, and Copywriters
• Appreciate the opportunity to learn and to teach
• Understand the constraints of electronic representation of graphical elements
• Are a master of layout, color theory, typography, and fundamental principles of design
• Google Docs for team collaboration
• Google Sketchup to build out scenes
• Adobe Ninja skills with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc...
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), and employee stock options. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world!