Location: San Francisco Type: Full-time
We are currently looking for a Director of Marketing. We have been a Bay Area manufacturer for over 25 years, and we are currently working hard to disrupt the world of tile and bring a truly customer focus to an industry that is entrenched in a business as usual mentality.
Fireclay Tile is changing the face of tile, from the sustainable ways that we make our product using recycled content and local manufacturing to how we engage and sell to customers. We are intensely focused on building a brand and ensuring that all of our customers have the best experience possible when buying tile. Simply, we want to make tile easy, and we want to sell the highest quality products in the most user friendly way.
We are in need of a Director of Marketing that can merge the offline and online worlds. This will be a role that tackles all elements of our marketing execution – we are looking for a do’er who is focused relentlessly on execution and recognizes that marketing is far more about delivering than it is about discussing. From PR to Customer Acquisition to SEO to Conversions to Catalogs to Brand. You will need to help bring a voice to our company and help set strategic direction for our marketing efforts. The job is based out of our new San Francisco headquarters and will interact with almost every facet of our company and be part of our leadership team
• Leading our marketing efforts. Thinking relentlessly about how we can continue to drive the best customer experience in every possible way. Everything we do is marketing, whether it is the first time a customer finds us online or the time we ship a crate of tile, it is all vital to how we build our brand.
• Helping drive brand strategy and building our creative assets. Relentlessly focusing on our customers and how we can continue to grow our base.
• Driving all elements of online marketing including marketing automation, managing customer acquisition, and our online experience.
• Implementing best practices in the online ecommerce world and driving strategic decisions around how to best develop and deploy
• Working directly with engineering, creative, and sales team to drive results
• At all times represent the Fireclay brand and values both internally and externally, ensuring that we go above and beyond for our customers, our products, and our people.
• Training and learning about ceramics, Fireclay Tile, and all that there is to our business so that you can talk about it intelligently and expertly
• Supporting the team in any other way that is necessary
• Direct your professional energy towards a more sustainable planet
• Feel passionately committed to the product you represent
• Earn an income that reflects your success
• Be a key member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture
• Have led marketing for another ecommerce or consumer brand. 5-10 years experience. Maybe you held a marketing role for a major brand and are looking for a way to make your mark in this world through a smaller, more nimble company.
• Experience in home or interior design products
• Intense knowledge of online commerce experience
• Love technology and love measuring results with strong analytical approach
• Like being an underdog and beating bigger companies by being smarter and more nimble.
• Interest in design or locally made products
• Are a self-starter and don’t need any hand holding, but can take feedback well and give it right back at the same time
• Are fun, passionate and learn quickly. Love being part of a small company and personally contributing to our team’s success
• Comfortable with software and technology including any CRM system or Salesforce.com specifically
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), and employee stock options. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world!