Location: San Francisco Type: Full-time
We are currently looking for amazing Design Consultants who can help ensure that all of our customers are WOW’ed by our company. We’re talking about someone who LOVES tile and is passionate about making this earth a more sustainable place and LOVES making sure customers are #1 by leveraging technology and great design. We are a passionate, US manufacturer and our customers are our most important asset. You will be part of our team that delivers happiness and smiles to our customers on a daily basis! If you do not LOVE tile, technology, and love customer service, this job is not a good fit. We have been a Bay Area manufacturer for over 25 years, and we are currently working hard to disrupt the world of tile and bring a truly customer focus to an industry that is entrenched in a business as usual mentality.
Fireclay Tile is changing the face of tile, from the sustainable ways that we make our product using recycled content and local manufacturing to how we engage and sell to customers. We are intensely focused on building a brand and ensuring that all of our customers have the best experience possible when buying tile. Simply, we want to make tile easy, and we want to sell the highest quality products in the most user friendly way.
Your focus will be simply on delivering amazing service. This will be based on answering the phone whenever it rings, knowing everything about our company so you can answer questions on the spot, entering orders and information in Salesforce.com and using other online technologies including social media obsessively, tracking down freight quotes or order status, organizing our sample library, or running around packing samples. I mean, you will do whatever it takes to make our customers love you and love us. We are a fun company, and expect you to enjoy life and all that life has given us!
You will be based out of our new San Francisco HQ. We are unique from almost every other tile company in that we actually make the products we sell. Embracing our brand and our soul will be paramount. We have been in business for 27 years and our company is like a small family -- it will be imperative that you fit in with our company culture and that you have a self-starter personality. We are looking for a unique individual who is a go-getter, is an independent thinker, and wants to find innovative ways to help lead Fireclay Tile into this new world. A true LOVE for design and tile is a must.
• WOWing customers by ensuring they are extremely satisfied
• Using Slaesforce.com and other online technologies to deliver worldclass customer service
• Answering the phones and emails and bringing a smile to work each and every day
• Conversing with our factories to let customers know lead times and order status
• Providing design services to our customers
• Entering in orders and sample requests throughout the day - all day every day
• Following up with customers about sample and information inquiries
• Delivering world-class customer success
• Thanking customers through letters and phone calls
• Being a team player and helping out with whatever random assignment is directed your way
• Training and learning about ceramics, Fireclay Tile, and all that there is to our business so that you can talk about it intelligently and expertly
• Working with online technologies including Google Documents, Salesforce.com, and other web-based programs to take customer service to the next level. A strong background in computers is key
• Supporting the team in any other way that is necessary.
• Direct your professional energy towards a more sustainable planet
• Feel passionately committed to the product you represent
• Earn an income that reflects your success
• Be a key member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture
• Have a deep passion for customer service. If you understand this, then you know companies are nothing without customers. We want to create a sustainable company for all our employees which means we show love for our customers all the time.
• Background in interior design or the home/commercial furnishings space. Preference for individuals with a demonstrated commitment to sustainability.
• Have a deep passion tile and great design
• Have a “roll up your sleeve attitude.” Each day at Fireclay Tile will be different, and some days you will only be entering in orders or mailing samples, while other says you may be assisting customers with design help.
• Very comfortable with online technologies and social media
• Exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to greet and retain new clients while maintaining existing accounts.
• LOVE customer service! Exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to greet and retain new clients while maintaining existing accounts. We strive to be like companies such as Zappos.com, Apple, or Patagonia. We have a 5-star Yelp rating and our goal is to always maintain world-class customer service.
• Are a self-starter and don’t need any hand holding, but can take feedback well and give it right back at the same time
• Don’t mind getting dirty and having fun working in and around building materials and factories.
• Are fun, passionate and learn quickly. Love being part of a small company and personally contributing to our team’s success.
• Know Fireclay Tile and all that we are about!
Please note working at least one weekend day is part of the job requirement
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k), and employee stock options. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world!