Making Tile Since 1986
With 27+ years of experience behind our name, our expert ceramicists are available to help you every step of the way. Call us at 800-773-2226, email us at email@example.com, or visit one of our San Francisco or San Jose showrooms. We can't wait to hear about your project!
How We're Sustainable by Design
- Our glass tile is made up of 100% recycled glass from the window and solar industries. All materials are locally sourced and every tile is 100% made by Fireclay.
- Our colors are created by using all natural pigments from the ceramic industry.
- We are scavengers and waste consumers. Through our manufacturing practices we are able to consume more waste than we produce.
- We offset the carbon pollution of our manufacturing operation through CarbonFund.org
- Our recycled content and California based production qualifies our Glass Tile for many LEED credits.
Learn how it's Handmade in California
- Our glass tile is made in our San Jose, California factory by our team of expert artisans. Many of our people have been with us for over 20 years, and all team members are offered competitive salaries, opportunities for advancement, vacation, benefits, and ownership in Fireclay Tile.
- Each order is handmade for you. We never keep stock, yet we are able to deliver materials in 1-5 weeks.
- Our glass tile is available in 40 colors in two finishes, gloss and matte. Pricing will be based on both size and shape as well as finish.
- You can choose from over 17 different sizes and shapes, including a range of mosaic patterns and custom blend options. Visit our Crush-It tool to design your own blend!
- Our glass is crushed, cleaned, and combined with natural, VOC Free color pigments. Individual tiles are fired in ceramic molds in the most efficient electric kiln available
- Our Glass Tile is suitable for interiors and exteriors for both warm and cold climates.
- Our Glass Tile is suitable for walls, counters, vertical and horizontal surfaces as well as wet applications, including showers, baths, and swimming pools.
Each of our glass colors comes in two finishes, Matte and Gloss. The finish of each color is unique to that specific color and cannot be changed. Matte finishes are more suitable for floor installations than others.
- Matte: Etched, non-reflective surface
- Gloss: Shiny, semi-reflective sheen
We price our tiles based on the color family and then by the size. For example, a color in Price Group A will have a price in the 2x2 size, but another price in the 12x12 size. Prices vary depending on the complexity of the body, or the size.
A: Gloss - $ - These colors have a gloss finish and will be the least expensive glass tile options.
B: Matte - $$ - Matte finishes require an additional step and are priced slightly higher than the gloss finish due to the extra labor involved.
About Tile Color Variation
- V1 = UNIFORM APPEARANCE: Differences among pieces from the same production run are minimal.
- V2 = SLIGHT VARIATION: Clear differences may exist in texture and/or shade within the same colors of any given batch run.
- V3 = NOTICEABLE VARIATION: While the colors present on a single piece of tile will be indicative of the colors to be expected on the other tiles, the amount of color on each piece may vary significantly.
- V4 = MODERATE VARIATION: Greater color and shade differences from tile to tile, so that one tile may have a noticeably different shade and/or texture from that of other tiles. This ensures that the final installation will be unique.