Proven Industrial Strength
- Our thin Brick is a favorite for commercial applications.
- The range of colors and industrial feel make thin Brick one of our most popular options with Architects.
- Thin Brick can be installed by both masons and tile setters.
- Thin Brick can be used on any exterior or interior application and our lead-free glazed surface provides an easy to clean option for high use spaces.
- Brick is a perfect option for graffiti prone areas. Spray paint sits on the glazed surface of the brick and is easily removed with a little scrubbing.
Learn How it's Handmade in California
- Our Glazed Thin Brick is made by McNear Brick & Block, and glazed in our Aromas factory by our team of expert artisans. Many of our artisans have worked with us for over 20 years, and all team members are offered competitive salaries, opportunities for advancement, vacation, benefits, and ownership in Fireclay Tile.
- Each order is handmade for you. We never keep stock, yet we are able to deliver materials in 1-4 weeks.
- Our Glazed Thin Brick is available in 24 colors and sized in a west coast standard thin brick size (approx. 2"x8").
- Corners and glazed edges are also available.
- Custom colors are available as well as Sandmold finishes.
- 1% of all glazed thin Brick sales are donated to charity each year. This year we will be supporting The Bay Area Discovery Museum, an organization dedicated to fostering creativity and discovery for children.
- Brick is suitable for interiors and exteriors (not suitable for freezing climates)
- Brick is suitable for walls, counters, and floors, and it can be used in wet areas.
How We're Sustainable by Design
- The thin brick body is made up of 100% reclaimed earth by McNear Brick & Block, our country's oldest brick manufacturer, located just 100 miles from our factory.
- We glaze this thin brick using all lead free glaze materials. We were one of the first to remove lead from all of our glazes.
- Our Glazed Thin Brick is the most sustainable glazed thin brick offered on the market today.
- Our factories are day-lit, and most waste water and manufacturing waste is recycled back into our own production stream. (link: photo of day lit factory)
- We are scavengers and waste consumers. Through our manufacturing practices we are able to consume more waste than we produce.
- We offset the carbon pollution of our manufacturing operation through CarbonFund.org.
- With its high recycled content and California based production our Glazed Brick qualifies for many LEED credits
Each of our brick glaze colors comes in two unique finishes, Gloss and Satin. The finish of each color is unique to that specific color and cannot be changed. Matte finishes are more suitable for floor installations than others.
Satin: Matte surface with light sheen differences
Gloss: Shiny, semi-reflective sheen
Custom color matching is available for larger projects. A set-up fee may apply.
About Tile Color Variation
- V1 = UNIFORM APPEARANCE: Differences among pieces from the same production run are minimal.
- V2 = SLIGHT VARIATION: Clear differences may exist in texture and/or shade within the same colors of any given batch run.
- V3 = NOTICEABLE VARIATION: While the colors present on a single piece of tile will be indicative of the colors to be expected on the other tiles, the amount of color on each piece may vary significantly.
- V4 = MODERATE VARIATION: Greater color and shade differences from tile to tile, so that one tile may have a noticeably different shade and/or texture from that of other tiles. This ensures that the final installation will be unique.